Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thumbs up, Thumbs down

This strategy is one of many used in classrooms as a "formative assessment" to check for student understanding. In some Philly schools, teachers are required to use "Thumbs up, thumbs down" as a part of their exit ticket for students to leave the room after a lesson.

From now until the end of the school year, check out my daily "Thumbs up, Thumbs down" on Twitter @yogabeth218

I am actually a bit sad that this year is over, as I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work in 5 different high schools. I was unsure in August how this placement would work, but it has been an amazing learning experience. I have a much deeper grasp on what truly goes on...what works, what doesn't....in this troubled district. After the last two years in a very negative environment, I was really heading towards a "7 year itch" in my career. This year has saved me from that, and given me a fresh perspective that was so desperately needed. Thumbs up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment